Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Welcome Tessa Ann Belken!!

We are very proud to welcome Tessa into our family!!
She was born Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 8:08p. and was 7.2 lbs and 20.5 inches long.

The day seemed to fly by. I taught all day at school, came home to do some things around the house, went to a 4:oopm doctor appt., came home and got the girls , made supper and cleaned up. Terry and Connor had football practice, but I did tell Terry to have his phone near by. After that I asked Emma if she could walk her sisters up to Becky's house and Emma asked why? I responded, "Because I think the baby is going to be born tonight!" They were all excited and held hands while they crossed the street and up the hill they went! I called Terry shortly afterwards and said that he should head home! He got home around 7:00pm. I had things packed and ready to go!

We got to the hospital and checked in. We got settled into our room and things started to progress more! Tessa was born at 8:08pm. The little stinker had her head backwards so she gave me some major back pain, but that was all forgotten once she was born! Terry said he knew it was a girl!

Terry then went to get the kids since it was a little after 8:00pm. They came up and didn't know if it was boy or a girl! Tessa still had her neutral colored hat on. They guessed girl and one said boy. They were excited and wanted to hold her right away! All of them gave her kisses and got their chance to hold her. Karley insisted that she was Mommy's baby and that Dad should give her to Mom. Terry then took them home before 9:00pm.

After they left, Tessa and I settled in as we waited for Terry to return. We were almost ready for bed by 10:00pm like a regular night!!

I think back to how fast everything went the new precious little girl we added to our family! We have been truly blessed!



1 comment:

  1. You should be a very proud mama! Congrats to you both. She is beautiful!! Call me when you get a chance....would love to catch up!

    ReplyDelete